Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here's what I think about YOU, Stephen King

You're awesome!

I'm reading the third book in the Dark Tower Series, "The Waste Lands". I was skeptical of the series at first, just because it was written by Stephen King and I thought it would be scary, but it is really good! Roland's world in "The Dark Tower" series is very intriguing, and it's mixed with different times of ours. The characters are so true and the descriptions and words King uses are pinpoint perfect.

It was late and I was getting a little reading in before bed and I ran into a word. Didn't know it. Looked it up in the dictionary. Not in dictionary. Stephen King is a genius!

Also, King and I share a common viewpoint. Stephanie Meyer can't write. (Come on. Stab me through the heart, Twilight fans.) Twilight was interesting, and I liked it right after I read it, and everything after that was soap opera crazy. Check out Evil Beet Gossip to see the direct quote from King.

If Stephen King says it, it's good for me, he's earned the right to say that someone's a bad writer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Stephen King can suck it. I don't think Shakespeare has earned the right to call someone a bad writer and he could verbally kick Stephen King's ass many times over. Stephenie Meyer is obviously no Shakespeare but she is not a bad writer. Her story is coherent and while it may not have the complexities of a King novel, it still spoke to people and caused numerous teens to pick up a book, when they otherwise wouldn't. How is that bad writing? Just because a story is not a mountain of literary complexities does not mean that it's not good; it is just meant for a different audience, in Meyer's case a YA audience. King's novels obviously have a different audience. King needs to get over himself and the elitism that he feels entitled to. And yeah, he can suck it, too.