Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rockin' at the Winter Wonderjam 2010

Last night my good friend Amy and I headed down to Tucson for the Winter Wonderjam concert. After listening to an iPod full of music from the ar tiss who were playing during my trip to Anaheim last week, I was excited to see (and hear) them live. The bill included Chrinsntina Perri, Ryan Starr, Ingrid Michaelson, the Plain White Tees and Sarah Bareilles.

92.9 "the Mountain" made a good choice to open the show with Christina Perri. Her haunting and powerfil voice started it off with a bang, which carried throughot the concert. Her first hit "Jar of Hearts" is on the radio everywhere, and I'm sure the world will hear a lot more of her very soon. Amy and I quickly got in line to buy her EP and get her autograph. I told her that I would try to fit one of her songs onto my wedding playlist, but since most of them are broken- hearted messages and she begins recording her new album in January, her songs passing final selection is unlikely. Oh well. I will listen to them while im working out or something.

Ryan. Starr was okay. I felt like I'd seen him before. But he does have a spot on the P.S. I Love You soundtrack, so he scored points anywah.

Ingrid Michaelson was the best act of the night. If you haven't heard of her before, you've probably heard her music somewhere. Her songs are pkayed on Old Navy and Apple commercials. She has an awesome stage presence- so funny and endearing. In a moment of hilarity she shared with us that she recently had her toe nail removed - and that she kept it. Out of context - gross, but it was funny at the concert.


Has anyone noticed that the bass guitarist for the Plain White Tees looks like a young Zack Galakinakis? I kept looking for his satchel.

And of course, Sarah Bareilles was awesome. She has an upbeat way of sharing her attitude and breaking bad news. I love it!

The more concerts I go to, the more I think I was a groupie in another life...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so musically hip...!