Saturday, June 23, 2007

In Cold Blood


I read Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" recently. It made me think about how i judge people. Both men who killed the Clutter family seemed friendly and sane on the outside. Most people who met them thought Perry was a nice man, though a little off kilter, and Dick was a personable person.

I don't let people into my life very easily. When I meet new people I try to feel them out quickly. I think I'm pretty good at feeling people out. for the most part. I usually don't decide I like someone who ends up disappointing me later. If anything, I choose to not be close to someone and then change my mind when I know more about them.

"In Cold Blood" made me change the way I look at people. I shouldn't judge people by how they act, but also by what they do. A look into Perry's and Dick's past shows clues to their erratic and lethal behavior. It's what people do that make a difference. This is in addition to how they act and what they say.

1 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

I have always wanted to read Truman Capote. I actually ALMOST bought that book the last time I was at Bookman's.