Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I believed him

As I was rushing around my apartment getting ready for a Thornbirds extravaganza with Jenn (yup- she's back in town!), and I get a text.

"I broke my leg"

From my boyfriend.

How worried was I? He works at a gym for little kids. How is he supposed to work? I texted and texted and I wasn't getting a response. Shortly after I left his sister a worried voicemail, did the thought come that I was getting April fooled.

I didn't know whether to be worried or good naturedly pissed.

Then he texted that he was at the ER and that he couldn't have his phone. He didn't tell me where he was or if I could come help.

For the next two hours, Jenn and I continued our descent into forbidden love melodrama...

and Matt had me going on this horrible April fools joke.

It wasn't long after he texted that Holly had dropped him off at the hospital that she called me.

"Did Matt April Fools you?" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dang it.

He called five minutes later.

"Ironic that it would happen today, huh?" He sounded sad. Down in the dumps.

"Matt, Holly just called me." (I caught you, you dip.)

"Crap"

Good job Matt!! You had me going!

0 comments: