Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busy is buzzin, bored is dangerous

An occasional lazy day is a nice treat, but when I'm not ripe for one, I will go crazy. I have discovered that being bored to tears is not just a saying. For me, it's an emotional state. I work hard to increase the irregularity of these episodes, but especially after school ending, I have a lot more time on my hands. It really makes me crazy.

You know it's bad when you play tetris for hours just to fill the time.

Or read two books in one weekend and regret that you were not doing something else. Reading is my favorite activity.

Or organize your iTunes because it makes you feel like you are doing something constructive.

In other words, do busy work when you don't have to. I don't cherish these times. I would rather be talking to people, driving around town...catching up on things I need to do.

My solution to this problem is to plan for the weekend. (With Jen back in town, this should be easier.) I should also get some hobbies. What do you think? Cooking? Hiking? Painting?

0 comments: