Friday, March 27, 2009

What Guys Think?

While girls seem to value their wedding day as a penultimate event in their lives, (socialization, of course being a culprit in this mindset), guys seem to disvalue the day just as much. In guys math

marriage = death

At least social death. Most guys point out the advantages of marriage.

I always hated the guys in movies who viewed their role as groom- to- be, husband, and father as a pain. I didn't understand until recently.

Yes- I am a girl and I want all the matrimonial gushiness, but I want to have fun in the meantime. Yes, logistics sucks sometimes (I don't live with my boyfriend), but freedom and fun rules.

What helped me to understand this? The part of The Lion King where they sing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" Pumba and Timon sing their version at the end of the song and burst into tears.

Simba, Pumba and Timon have been having fun in their bachelor pad jungle, and in comes Nala, who physically attacks Pumba and takes Simba away. If I was Timon or Pumba I wouldn't be happy either. How dare she beat me up and take my friend away? Then Nala tells Simba he needs to reclaim his gone- to- waste kingdom. In other words: leave paradise and re populate the flora and fauna of an entire Savana. Yeah- not fun.

But on the other hand- he does get to roar and have the lionesses get food for him- so how bad can it be in the end?

Here's my glimpse of understanding, guys.

1 comments:

Katie said...

HAHA. You definitely have an insight into the guys, Kate.