Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pretty but...


One thing I don't understand: decorative pillows. Chic- definitely. Useful and comfortable- not usually.

I look at pillows like this and I love the designs. I think: when I am in charge of decorations, I will accent my furniture perfectly.

But when I come home and throw myself on the sofa for a night of TV.

Or cozy into a couch corner for a day of reading.

Or situate myself for a productive day of work at home.

Decorative pillows just don't do it.

So awesome, I don't want to get them dirty or mis-shapen (not a good move for the puppies I want in the future).

So awkwardly shaped that they befuddle all cuddling.

I would either avoid them or remove them when I needed to use the furniture.

Yet they remain a temptation for their general brightness and completion of theme.

A great addition and a pain in the butt.

And I love the pillows featured.

1 comments:

Camille Elise said...

I totally second the motion. Especially the IKEA pillows...rough as a...a...well, ROUGH.