Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mind you, I live in a crappy apartment complex

There is a family of six living across the way from me. Six people crammed into a two bedroom apartment. The parent sit outside and smoke at night.

So when I come home at night, I have to walk by them. I say hello and stuff. Sometimes I'll stay and talk.

And sometimes they say hello back and want to talk. Other times they just stare. SUper creepy. I thought maybe they had brain damage or didn't want to talk. But after nine months of doing this, I realized that the times that they didn't respond were when they were tweaking.

That explains why their kids wear rags and they are always late on rent. And why they need food stamps.

I wasn't surprised once I figured it out. I'm more embarrassed that I'm so sheltered.

0 comments: