Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Horsepills

For the first time in my life, I have lost my voice completely. I sound pretty funny. My friends have saved my increasingly squeaky voice on their voicemails, and one of them wants to make it a ringtone. It's all in good fun. I can laugh it myself.

The problem I have is that this all could have been prevented in the first place. I went to ASU's Health Center on Friday to see if I had strep, and the doctor looked at me weird, like I was some kind of hypochondriac. I hated it. If I'm going to go into that disgusting place, I'm going to be feeling pretty nasty. He didn't even want to do a culture to make sure. he said he was 95% sure that I didn't have strep. Sooo....what about the other 5%?

So i went back today and squeaked out my problem to another doctor and she prescribed me some tame pills to take. I'm not sying I need pills to help me feel better, but holy geez! I thought doctors were supposed to improve quality of life, not look at you weird. What's all this about putting prevention beforereaction or whatever? Ugh!

But one thing is for sure...I'm a talker...so I miss my voice and I want it back!

0 comments: