Thursday, January 15, 2009

And Pop


My roommate decorated my apartment for my birthday. It was pretty much awesome to find a card slipped under my door in the morning and the "living room" filled with balloons and the wall covered in posters declaring "Happy Birthday Kate!" The balloons were HUGE though. Amy (my roommate) said that one popped when she was blowing it up and her ears rang.

I didn't believe her until one popped on me and HOLY CRAP! I thought the church bells were ringing for the second coming. It goes without saying that I was spoiled rotten for my birthday. Thanks everyone in my life! I feel so loved!

And since I love everyone in my life so much, I will not cook for you.

My cooking is about as easily combustible as my birthday balloons.

Matt is closing every night at the gym, so I told him I would help him out and make dinner for him once a week. Last night was the first week, and I messed up tuna casserole. I forgot potato chips (1 of 4 ingredients), and even though I put it in the oven, I forgot to mix it up so it was icy cold. Yeah- wow- who does that?

Matt and I had a good laugh about it. He said "Well, now WE'RE cooking every week."



New goal: get better than my boyfriend at cooking. It's kind of disgraceful. At least I don't have an easily combustible boyfriend!

1 comments:

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Sorry I'm late, haha. I loved your cooking story. It reminds me of me. I'm okay at cooking, but anything else homemaker-ish...oh dear. You don't wanna see it :)