Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interesting?....Or AWESOME- ting?




Web logging, or blogging, as it more popularly called, is a growing art.

What once was the world of online journals, and then the place for writers to show off their talent, and then a place to celebrate the daily short message, picture, or video; is now being used by businesses. Everyone who is anyone has a blog. Even if they don't USE it, they still have a PLACE for it on their website.

I spent the past hour and a half reading my subscribed blogs (hooray for RSS feeds!), and checking out new blogs (and adding them to the RSS feed). I strongly believe that in order to become a stronger, better writer, you need to READ.

Multiple writers.

Multiple genres.

Multiple subjects.

Multiple media.

And blogs are one of my favorite media to read...and write.

I was so quiet for the past hour that Matt kept asking what I was doing. I usually am doing whatever I'm doing, and partially paying attention to his video game. I'm sure it was out of the ordinary when he didn't hear a peep from me.

I tried to explain blogging to him, but he doesn't get it. Oh well. You can't love everything.

Here's the thing. I was doing more than having fun. I was finding blogs that would help me at my new job at Rocket Media! I was bettering myself! I was learning!

So in this ironic blog- about- blogging, I reaffirm my love of the Blogosphere.

1 comments:

Jesse said...

I find it really hard to find decent blogs worth reading. 90% seem to be:

A) Photo blogs which, while interesting, don't do a lot for me.
B) Blogs about someone's kids. Again, interesting if you know them, not interesting to me.
C) In a language I don't understand.
D) Just plain boring.

I have learned a lot by reading other people's blogs though. I think my personal blog shows a steady progression from absolutely horrible writing to "at least passable." There are even a few entries here and there that I can say I'm kind of proud of.

Luckily I don't consider myself a writer, so I don't have to judge me too hard.

Oops, I rambled. Sorry. It happens.