Friday, September 14, 2007

Myspace or Facebook

Until recently, I've sworn by facebook as the greatest online social utility. Though less popular, facebook was easier to navigate and kept me updated on my friends better. Then I started playing with my myspace account, and found that this worldwide networking site let me say a lot more about myself than facebook. The idea is the same with both of the, but the options are different.

Knowing html lets a user make any graphic they want to on myspace, with makes it possible to choose backgrounds, icons, and formats. People can be friends with their favorite television shows and the characters on these shows. They can befriend nightclubs, schools, and cities, as well as their friends. Videos and websites are posted.

Facebook provides games which users can play with each other. It informs users when their friends make changes to their profiles, and tell how they are doing. The format is the same for all pages, which makes a uniform feeling to the site.

These are only some of the features of each of the websites. I've decided that I need both. Perhaps it's just my addictive personality speaking, but I have friends on facebook who are not on myspace, and vis versa. Not everyone needs to use both websites, but I find myself checking both of them often. Both social utilities. Both forms of communication. Both addicting. Who cares abnout the differences

0 comments: