Monday, September 24, 2007

Text Mania

If phones could make food and water, anyone could live on a desert island and get by just fine for a month or two.
It's not a new craze.
People are addicted to their phones.
We put everything we need on our phones. GPS, MP3, TV, internet, everything!

And I'm at 600 text messages 10 days into my billing period. I'm texting my friends.Coordinating rent payments with my roommates. Texting my boyfriend "good morning", "how's your day" and "goodnight". Communicating during boring classes. Taking care of business in general.

I get around 50 text messages per day, give or take. That's about 2 per hour. But in those hours that I don't get text messages, I wonder what is wrong. I wonder why no one is talking to me.

A little obsessive? YES!

I'm not alone. Their are support groups for people who are addicted to their cell phones. Like for alcoholics.

I'm going to be careful...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,204046,00.html
http://media.www.cm-life.com/media/storage/paper906/news/2007/09/19/Lifeline/My.Cell.Phone.Addiction-2976361.shtml

0 comments: